Monday, June 21, 2010

Chavah’s Garden Review:


 Click HERE

I’m a foodie, and anyone who knows me well can attest to this as a fact. Not only do I love the taste of food, the texture, and the smell, but I also love a well presented dish. If a food looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it stands to reason that it’s going to taste good too! Which brings me to my topic….Chavah’s Garden. If you’re a foodie too, and love the bright and earthy colors of veggies, then you’ll want to check out the products this talented artist offers. In her Etsy shop, you’ll find greeting size cards, 8 1/2inx11in portrait size prints, as well as ACEO playing card size original paintings that are signed and dated, all of vegetables! Now before you turn your nose up to vegetables like you did when you were a child, just wait, take a step back and realize how much you actually do appreciate the bright, cheerful and unique colors that only God himself could come up with, vegetables included. I was asked to check out some of Chavah’s Garden’s products and give an honest review of them, so here it is.

I received a variety of seven 4x6 cards in the mail, super fast and they arrived in great condition. The cards themselves were packaged in a secure thick cellophane protective bag, which was then shipped in a manila envelope. All the cards were in perfect condition, no bends, creases or scratching from shipping at all. Each card includes an envelope for mailing if you so choose to do so. If you go to the Chavah’s Garden Etsy store, you can see each card that I received. The Mushroom, the Guacamole Recipe, the Cucumber, the Lettuce Portrait, the Green Onion Couple, the Green Onion Herd, and the Everything About Ginger card. If I had to choose one favorite, I think it just might be the Guacamole recipe card, with the lettuce or cucumber a close second, although I love them all! It is truly amazing to me how anyone can paint in such fine details, such as the ribs in a mushroom, so beautifully. The color combinations she uses to bring them to life are amazing! I really am quite impressed with these, and will be framing them to put in my kitchen. Seriously, what a perfect place for these! As soon as I do I’ll take a photo for you all to see how great these look in there. You’ll find that you can purchase a pack of cards 5 cards for only $10….$2 per card is a very reasonable price for specialty cards on high quality card stock, printed in the glorious old fashioned but beautiful 4 color process. What a great gift idea for someone who loves to garden!

All in all, I am very thrilled with these cards, and I would very much recommend Chavah’s Garden to anyone who wants to jazz up their kitchen, send out interesting and beautiful cards, and of course art collectors. I love my cards and they are truly so beautiful in person, and I can’t wait to get these up on my kitchen wall.

Please be sure to visit Chavah’s Garden on Etsy, where you’ll also find interesting facts, and well written entertaining descriptions of each item from Sydney Palmer. She also writes, paints, and does theology in Seattle Washington. Also, stay up to date with her latest and greatest by “liking” Chavah’s Garden on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment